Good morning Year 1!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today. We hope you have a great day and lovely weekend!
The Year 1 Team
English: Tricky Word Bingo: Play a game of Phonics Bingo with family members (You could also include video called members if possible).
- Draw a 3 X 3 grid on a piece of paper (9 squares).
- Choose 9 words from the phase 2 and phase 3 column on the tricky word list and write in each square.
- Call out different words from the list.
- If one of the words in your grid is said, cross it off.
- When you get 3 words crossed off next to each other, going across or down, shout out Bingo!
- If you carry on playing, when you cross all 9 words off, shout out Full House!
Maths: Repeated Patterns
How many different repeated colour sequences could you create onto the blank Elmer?
Other: What makes a good friend?
Draw a picture of a good friend. Write sentences to say why they are a good friend using ‘because’ conjunction.
- Bob is my friend because he is kind to me.
- Bob is a good friend because he makes me laugh.
- Bob is a good friend because he plays games with me.
PHONICS: This weeks focus: zz, qu, ch (Phase 3 revision).
Phonics Play is offering free subscription during school closure. This enables you and the children to have full access to the Phonics Play resources. Please spend some time, this week, to familiarise with the site and resources.
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
Any online game must be checked first by an adult and closely monitored. Children also benefit from applying the sounds they are learning through writing them into sentences as well as reading them.
READING: Oxford Reading Owl is a free resource that has increased its available resources during school closure. It has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise (throwing and catching, running, skipping, bouncing on a trampoline, etc), some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to monitor them.