Good morning Year 1!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today.
The Year 1 Team!
English: ‘Time to Travel’
Day 2: Write questions for the sales assistant to ask the customers in the travel agency (Where would you like to go? When would you like to travel? Who will be going with you? What would you like to do on holiday?). Children can be super creative and use different colour pens for their questions and decorate around them (each question can be written on a strip of paper).
Top Tip: Remember to use capital letter at the start and a question mark at the end of each question.
Maths: Money, Money, Money!
Practise using money and recognising coins.
- Make a list of things that you would need to take on holiday and prices (Prices do not need to be accurate). What coins would you need to buy a beach towel, shorts or sunscreen?
Challenge: Use a catalogue or a magazine with prices. Which coins would you use to buy the different products?
Other: Daily Life Sounds
Discuss the sounds heard at different places we may visit in our daily life, for example: park, supermarket, school, home, etc.
- Listen to different sounds inside and outside of the house and make a list of the different things you heard.
- Recreate the sounds in the different places using household objects. Can a family member guess the place that you are recreating?
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF for this week’s daily phonic sessions and support structure. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ay, oy, alternative pronunciation for ‘i’ and ‘c’
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.