Good morning Year 1!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today…. Have a fabulous day!
The Year 1 Team!
English: ‘Time to Travel’
Travel Agency Role Play Area (Day 3)
- Finish your travel agency Role Play Area. Please use Monday’s links and ideas for inspiration if needed.
- Use the travel agency role play area that you have created and act out scenarios using what you have made. This can be an ongoing area that you can dip into and enjoy during your free play time!
Maths: Wednesday Workout!
Counting in 2s, 5s, 10s, Number facts to 10 and 20, 1 more/1 less, ordering numbers, odd and even numbers, Problem of the day! Please follow attached PDF or PowerPoint below.
Other: Hungry Birds!
Miss Catchpole has been very kind to record a video showing you how to make a bird feeder. Please have a look on the Year 1 Blog Page and have fun making one for your own garden!
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF for this week’s daily phonic sessions and support structure. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ay, oy, alternative pronunciation for ‘i’ and ‘c
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.