Good morning Year 1… Yipeeee, it’s Friday!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today.
We hope you have a lovely weekend!
The Year 1 Team!
English: Phase 4 Tricky Words Noughts and Crosses.
Choose 2, phase 4, tricky words from the PDF list attached and take turns in writing them in different squares. If you get 3 in a row (diagonally, horizontally or vertically) you win the game. Repeat using different words from the list.
Maths: Beat the Timer!
Write and cut out the days of the week and months of the year. Practise putting them in the correct order.
What is the quickest time that you can put them in order?
Challenge: Take out a month or day and work out which is missing. Can you take out more than one each time?
Other: Sun Safety Poster
Remember these 5 S’s for sun safety:
Slip, Slop, Slap, Slide, Shade…
- SLIP on a t-shirt.
- SLOP on sunscreen.
- SLAP on a broad brimmed hat.
- SLIDE on quality sunglasses.
- SHADE from the sun whenever possible.
Create a poster using the 5 S’s for sun safety to inform other people how to keep safe in the sun.
Top Tip: Use big, clear writing and bright colours so that it really stands out!
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF for this week’s daily phonic sessions and support structure. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ay, oy, alternative pronunciation for ‘i’ and ‘c’
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.