Good morning Year 1!
We hope that you all had a lovely weekend.
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today… Have fun!
The Year 1 Team!
Today, you will be travelling to France in Europe!
Use Espresso to find out about France. You could find out about the weather, people, landmarks, food and animals. Please follow the instructions below to access Espresso (with support from an adult) After you have read about France, tell a family member all about what you have learnt. You could tell someone at home or you could call/FaceTime a friend or relative who is not at home with you.
Discovery Education Espresso
- Follow the link https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk
- click on log in on the top right hand corner then Espresso
- Scroll down a little – Click log in to Espresso using the details below:
- Username – student11995
- Password – kelvedon
- Type in France into the search bar at the top and select KS1 in the Key stage options.
- Scroll Down to Espresso Passport
- Click on France on the map (Visit France).
Maths: Oui or Non (Yes or No in French)
Play this game with a partner – Both choose a number and see if you can guess the other persons number by asking Oui (yes)/Non (no) questions. When you think you know what the number could be, you can only have three guesses at it, so make sure you are sure before you start guessing!
Top Tip Questions To Ask (Numbers used can change):
- Is it greater than 20?
- Is it less than 50?
- Is it odd?
- Is it even?
- Is it between 50 and 100?
Other: Kelvedon V.E. Day Celebrations
On Friday 8th May, we have a Bank holiday to celebrate 75 years since the end of World War 2 in Europe. We were going to have a street party at school which unfortunately we have had to cancel. Instead, why not hold your own party in your home or garden and be part of our celebration as a whole school community.
Throughout this week, there are lots of fun things that you could do to prepare your VE party celebrations (Please see the attached PDF for some fun ideas).
Today you could begin to plan your party. You might want to think about:
- Where will you hold it?
- What decorations will you use?
- What food will you eat?
- What games will you play?
- What will you wear?
- What entertainment will there be?
- How will you invite your family guests?
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF files for this week’s daily phonic sessions, support structure and resources. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ‘wh’, ‘au’, alternative pronunciation for ‘u’ and ‘ie’
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.