Good morning Year 1!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today.
We hope that you have a fantastic VE party tomorrow and a fabulous bank holiday weekend. Please email us some pictures of your celebrations using the Year 1 email address as we would love to see the fun that you have had!
Have a lovely few days…
The Year 1 Team!
English: Bon Appétit!
French Toast Instructions:
Write your own instructions for the French toast you made yesterday for a family member to follow. Make sure you include a title, an ingredients list and numbers at the start of each instruction.
Challenge: Use time words (first, next, then, finally)
Top Tip: Each new instruction must start on a new line.
Maths: French Numbers
- Listen to the French numbers song. Practise and learn the numbers 1 – 10 in French. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsc3qLMaCu8
- Say a number in French (You could hold that amount of fingers up to help) and do that amount of star jumps. Take it in turns as to who says the French numbers and who does the star jumps.
Other: Kelvedon V.E. Day Celebrations
Today, you could continue to prepare for your VE party celebrations by making your own paper party hats and flags. Please watch the video for step by step instructions and see the attached PDF for further party ideas.
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF for this week’s daily phonic sessions and support structure. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ‘wh’, ‘au’, alternative pronunciation for ‘u’ and ‘ie’
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.