Good morning Year 1!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today.
The Year 1 Team!
Create an information booklet about France using some of the information learnt yesterday.
Fold a piece of paper to make a booklet (You could include as many pages as you want). As well as having a front cover, each page could have information about France, for example, a picture of the flag, pictures and sentences to describe the weather, food, landmarks, etc.
Use the Espresso Passport page about France from yesterday’s learning again, if that helps.
Discovery Education Espresso
- Follow the link https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk
- click on log in on the top right hand corner then Espresso
- Scroll down a little – Click log in to Espresso using the details below:
- Username – student11995
- Password – kelvedon
- Type in France into the search bar at the top and select KS1 in the Key stage options.
- Scroll Down to Espresso Passport
- Click on France on the map (Visit France).
Maths: First person to 50. You will need a pack of cards or if not, you can use a dice.
Shuffle your cards and place them face down. Each person takes a card and puts it in front of them. Record the number on the card (Ace is worth 1 and picture cards are worth 10). Then continue to take it in turns to take a card until the first person reaches 50. (If you’re using a dice, roll the dice each time to get your number).
Challenge: First person to 100 (As above but to reach 100).
Other: Kelvedon V.E. Day Celebrations
Today, you could start to prepare your VE party celebration by making some bunting for your house or garden. Please see the attached PDF for some fun ideas.
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF for this week’s daily phonic sessions and support structure. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ‘wh’, ‘au’, alternative pronunciation for ‘u’ and ‘ie’
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.