Good morning Year 1!
Here is a list of the learning opportunities for today. Have a lovely day!
The Year 1 Team!
English: Bon Appétit!
What do people eat in France? (Quiche, baguettes, soufflé’s, pate, croissants, pane chocolate, drink hot chocolate and dip bread in it, snails, frog’s legs). Is the food eaten in France different from what is eaten in England?
With an adult, read and follow the attached recipe to make French toast.
Maths: Wednesday Workout!
Counting in 2s, 5s, 10s, Number facts to 10 and 20, 1 more/1 less, days of the week, Months of the year, ordering numbers, odd and even numbers, Problem of the day! Please follow attached PDF or PowerPoint below.
Other: Kelvedon V.E. Day Celebrations
Today, you could continue to prepare your VE party celebrations by planning some traditional games to play e.g. Musical bumps, statues and chairs or for quieter games, you could prepare a Tray Memory Game or Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Please see the attached PDF for some ideas.
PHONICS: Please see the attached PDF for this week’s daily phonic sessions and support structure. This is to guide parents when supporting their child with phonics and will be most effective if it is done every day.
Phase 5: ‘wh’, ‘au’, alternative pronunciation for ‘u’ and ‘ie’
Useful phonics websites: (An adult must always check these)
- Phonics Play (User name: March, Password: Home): https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
- Spooky Spellings (Year 1) https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: As well as having fun in the garden for daily exercise, some other fun routines for the children to follow are:
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
These can be typed into a search engine by an adult who will then need to check them.