We would like to say a huge thank you for the lovely Christmas presents, cards and Christmas warm wishes that we have received this week. We have had a wonderful term with the kids and we are so proud of the amazing individuals that they are developing into. They have been an absolute pleasure to get to know and to teach!
From all of the Year One team, we wish you all a very happy Christmas and a fun and happy year in 2021.
We hope that you enjoy the Christmassy activities for today.
To continue with the Christmas spirit, use your maths measuring skills to read scales when measuring the ingredients, use your English skills to follow instructions and use your creative skills and imagination to make some delicious Christmas shortbread biscuits.
Please use the recipe and instructions below as well as the pictures for inspiration:
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Christmas Maths Quiz:
Please open the PDF below to access the Christmas Math’s Quiz based on our Daily Math’s learning
Phase 3 Christmas Mosaic Colouring
Please choose from the different Christmas designs on the attached PDF to print and colour. What will the pictures reveal?
Have fun learning and singing along to the Christmas songs below:
Have a fantastic day,
Take care and stay healthy,
The Year One Team