Good morning Year One,
We hope you had a lovely weekend. As well as having fun in the garden, going for a walk or bike ride for daily, outside exercise, you can find some other fun routines to follow by searching for the following on your internet browser (Remember, an adult must always check these first):
- Wake Up, Shake Up Lazytown
- Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Joe Wicks Daily PE lessons.
- Andy’s Wild Workouts
- GoNoodle (YouTube videos)
Here is your learning for today – Have fun!
PHONICS: Phase 3 Digraph Hunt
Look at the phase 3 digraph picture below. Find as many objects in your house or garden that you can with those digraphs in.
CASTLE CHALLENGE 1: Fairy Tale Castles – The Frog Prince
Have a look on the Year One blog page to listen to the Fairy Tale The Frog Prince read by Miss Baker.
Discuss the story listened to:
- Talk about the different characters in the story
- Talk about what happens at the beginning, middle and end of the story.
- What was the problem in the story?
- How did it get solved?
- Have you made promises before?
- Have you been able to keep your promises?
CASTLE CHALLENGE 2: Funny Frog Prince Fly Catcher
In the story, the Frog Prince, a frog helped a princess get her gold ball that she had dropped into the royal pond. In return for his kindness, he made the princess keep some promises. Have fun this morning making a Frog Prince Fly Catcher. You could change the fly to become a gold ball to link to the story.
Have a look at the instructions below for inspiration. Remember to be as creative as you want.
Here is Miss Baker’s Frog Prince Fly Catcher, she made earlier!
CASTLE CHALLENGE 3: Frank the Frog Cosmic Kids Yoga
Have fun meeting Frank the Frog in this Cosmic Kids Yoga Adventure.
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
- You can be more specific in your book search and type by selecting browse by age or browse by series.
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story together.
For further learning ideas whilst working at home, please have a look at the link below.
Have a fantastic day!
The Year 1 Team