Good morning Year 1.
We hope that you are having a great week so far. Thank you for sending us in the photos of your learning; it is always great to see what creative and hard-working children we have in Year 1.
This week, on our Friday blog gallery, we will be showing the crazy (but safe) places that you have been reading. If you would like everyone to see where you have been reading, please email us a photo of you reading in your crazy (but safe) place by no later than 3.00pm today – Thank you!
Here is your learning for today:
PHONICS: Messy Phonics!
Look at the picture below and discuss with an adult the following questions:
- What sound does each of the phonemes (single sound), digraphs (two letter sounds) and trigraphs (three letter sounds) make when you read them?
- What are the pictures of for each sound?
- Where are the sounds in the words (beginning, middle or end)?
Task 2: Let’s get messy!
- Ask an adult to cover the bottom of three different shallow containers/trays (such as baking trays) with paint, flour, shaving foam (or something else that is safe that you have at home).
- Look at the pictures and practise writing the words for each picture thinking about where the sounds are in each word.
- Ask an adult to check.
- When you have finished, clean the containers and wash your hands thoroughly!
CASTLE CHALLENGE 1:
This week you have been learning about the different (some disgusting) jobs that people had to keep a castle going.
Today, you need to think about your own castle (your house) and the different jobs that have to be done to keep it going.
- Discuss the different jobs that have to be done in your castle (house).
- Give everyone (including yourself) who live in your castle (house) a job.
- Draw a picture of your castle members and label them with a job or more than one job using arrows.
Your mum might be labelled with cook.
Super Challenge: Over the next few days, be in charge of your castle (house) and make sure that everyone is doing their job or jobs properly!
CASTLE CHALLENGE 2:
- Whilst crouching down, listen to and sing along to the months of year song below:
- When it is your birthday month, jump up.
- If other people at home want to join in, they can also jump up when they hear their birthday month.
Write out the months of the year neatly on separate pieces of paper (or kindly ask an adult to write them for you).
- What month is your birthday in?
- Can you put the months in order?
- Take one of the months away, what month is missing?
- If the month is January, what is the month in 3 months time?
CASTLE CHALLENGE 3: Cosmic Kids Yoga
Travel this cosmic kids adventure around the castle woods with Stella the Stick Insect. Have fun at the ball!
READING: Crazy Reading Places
Have a look at the pictures of crazy places where adults have been reading.
Can you see where they are reading in each picture?
For further learning ideas whilst working at home, please have a look at the link below.
Time for a laugh with a cracking castle joke!
Q. What medieval king wrote books?
A. King Author.
Have a fantastic day!
The Year 1 Team!