Good morning Year 1.
We hope that you are all having a fabulous week so far. Today, you have another exciting day of learning. Have fun!
Here is you learning for today:
PHONICS: Finger Painting Fun!
Write out ten of each real and nonsense ‘ng’ words on separate pieces of paper (or ask an adult to write them for you).
- Put the words in a tub.
- Take the words out, one at a time, and put them into 2 piles (‘real’ pile and ‘nonsense’ pile).
- Practice painting the ‘real’ words with your finger.
CASTLE CHALLENGE 1: MONEY CASTLE TOWERS
How many different ways can you make a 10p tower?
Super Challenge (optional):
Add an extra colour for 20p.
How many ways can you make a 20p tower?
CASTLE CHALLENGE 2: Tin Foil Knights
Create a knight in shining armour using kitchen tin foil. See the images below for inspiration:
CASTLE CHALLENGE 3: Knight Song
Listen to and sing along to the knight song below:
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
- You can be more specific in your book search and type by selecting browse by age or browse by series.
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story together.
For further learning ideas whilst working at home, please have a look at the link below.
Time for a laugh with a cracking castle joke!
Q: Why were some medieval times called the dark ages?
A: Because there were so many knights.
Have a fantastic day!
The Year 1 Team