Good morning Year 1
Just a reminder that the Year 1 Team think that you are all amazing. Remember that the most important thing is to be happy! Think about what makes you happy and how you can make other people happy too. You have an exciting day ahead of fun activities.
Here is your learning for today – Have fun!
PHONICS: Phase 3 revision online games
Have fun playing these online games. We are currently recapping phase 3 sounds. However, if you need further practise with individual letter sounds, phase 2 would be best. If you want to be challenged, phase 4 would be a good place.
- Phonics Play (Phase 2 simple sounds, Phase 3 revision sounds, phase 4 challenge sounds) https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Letters and Sounds free Resources: https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
CASTLE CHALLENGE 1: The Emperor’s New Clothes
This fairy tale tells a story of an emperor who believes that his magical clothing is not visible to fools. That is until one day a child speaks the truth.
Have a look on the Year 1 blog page to listen to Mrs Marler read The Emperors New Clothes. Below is another version of the story.
After listening to the story, design and make a new outfit for the emperor using different materials. Think about how many different textures you could include, for example, a smooth jacket, a rough hat, bumpy trousers, etc.
CASTLE CHALLENGE 2: 3D Shape Hunt
Listen to the and sing along to the 3D shape song by following the link below:
Have a look around your house, in your garden or on a walk and make a list or take photos of the different 3D shapes that you find. What was the most common 3D shape found?
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
- You can be more specific in your book search and type by selecting browse by age or browse by series.
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story together.
For further learning ideas whilst working at home, please have a look at the link below.
Have a fantastic day!
The Year 1 Team