Good morning Year 1!
We hope that you are all happy and well and enjoying your activities so far this week. Don’t forget to send in your learning photos. If you want them to be shown on the blog on our Friday gallery, please make sure you send them BEFORE 3.00pm on Thursday. You have another exciting day ahead. Have fun!
Here is your learning for today:
PHONICS: Tricky Word Memory Game
- Listen to and sing along to the Tricky Word song below:
2. Tricky Word Memory Game:
Neatly, write each phase 3 tricky words on 2 pieces of card to create two words for each. If you need help with writing these, an adult can help. If you want to be challenged further, ask an adult to say the word and see if you can remember how to write it.
How To Play:
- Place the cards face down on a table, so you cannot see the word.
- Turn two cards over at a time.
- Read the words on the cards turned over.
- If the words are the same, keep them.
- If the words are different, turn them back face down, in the same place.
- Repeat the above, until you have found all of the word pairs.
CASTLE CHALLENGE 1: Fairy Tale Story Writing (Day 2)
Yesterday, you started to write your own Fairy Tale.
Today, you need to finish writing your fairy tale using the sentence starters below to help:
- Once upon a time, there lived…
- One day…
- He/She/They lived happily ever after!
Remember to ask an adult to help. You could write the story together and share ideas.
- Use finger spaces to separate the words.
- Write on the line.
- Use capital letter at the start of a sentence.
- Use a full stop, an exclamation mark or a question mark at the end of a sentence.
CASTLE CHALLENGE 2: Front Cover Creations
Be creative and create a front cover for your story.
- Think about who the main character is in your story and include them on the front cover
- Make the title of your story big and bright.
- Will your front cover make someone want to read it?
- Be as creative as you want.
.Have a look at some examples below for inspiration:
CASTLE CHALLENGE 3: 2D shapes
Listen to and sing along to the 2D shape song below:
Super Challenge (optional):
Follow the link below to play the fun online 2D shape sorting game.
READING: Oxford Reading Owl has a fantastic selection of Oxford Reading books for the children to read at their level.
- Follow the link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/.
- Click on ‘Browse E-books’
- Click on ‘free e-book library’.
- Choose a book
- You can be more specific in your book search and type by selecting browse by age or browse by series.
As well as listening to the children read, it also benefits them to hear adults read and discuss the story together.
For further learning ideas whilst working at home, please have a look at the link below.
Have a fantastic day!
The Year 1 Team