After learning about the Celts, Romans and then the Tudors and Henry VIII, year three have spent today finding out about another significant monarch: Queen Victoria.
The children had a range of activities today and could choose what they wanted to learn about:
- Researching Victorian keywords using the computers
- Dressing up as Victorians
- Looking through the Victorian topic box which included a black board and chalk
- Painting a portrait of Queen Victoria
- Learning about Victorian inventions and making a timeline
- Reading about Queen Victoria and completing a fact file.
- Finding out about Queen Victoria’s crown and making a collage or model.