We have been learning about resilience in year three.
We discussed the feelings the children have when they are faced with a challenging task. The children used words such as worried, nervous, angry, frustrated or wanting to run away.
We then spoke about strategies to help with this. They included:
- Trying our hardest and understanding that it is okay to make a mistake.
- Staying calm even when things get difficult.
- Talking things through with a partner .
- Explaining to an adult that it is too hard and that they need help.
- Being honest when things get tough.
We also spoke about strategies that were not so useful such as not being honest or trying to avoid having to tackle the task by visiting the toilet.
The adults in year three will be looking out for examples of the children using these strategies.