I have heard that lots of you have been enjoying some time outside in the snow which is great to see. Finding time to complete things that you enjoy and that make you happy is important. Below are some suggested home learning activities for today.
Summary of tasks
- English: write the beginning of your story
- Solving Life’s Problems: watch the video lesson on fractions and complete the shape puzzle.
- Topic: learn more about the importance of washing your hands thoroughly.
A good story has a killer first line to grip the reader. ‘Once upon a time’ or ‘One day’ really isn’t very interesting.
Watch these videos to learn more about how to write the first sentence of your story and how to continue your story opening.
Task: using your characters, setting and plan from Monday and Tuesday, write the opening to your story. You will need to use:
- a killer first sentence
- introduce your main characters and describe what they are like
- tell the reader about where your story is set
Don’t forget to use the writing skills we have been working on over the last few weeks.
- prepositions, fronted adverbials, adjectives and different sentences types using conjunction
You will be writing the rest of your story tomorrow and on Friday.
Solving Life’s Problems
Watch this video lesson on adding fractions together to make a whole.
Here is an extension video if you want to continue . . .
Solve this shape puzzle.
An area of learning in year three is understanding how diseases spread and how to stay healthy. This is particularly important at the moment.
Watch this video that shows you what happens when you wash your hands.
Create a poster to help everyone understand how they should wash their hands to help stop the spread of germs and diseases.