Year five have been continuing their learning on databases from before half term.
Today, they learnt how data can be stored in a spreadsheet style database using the Microsoft program excel.
They learnt the following skills:
- How to open and save a spreadsheet
- Adjusting the width of the columns using the select all option
- Adding a sort and filter function
- Sorting data according to different categories
- How to filter specific data and remove unwanted information
Finally, they completed a quiz where they had to use the taught skills to locate data to answer questions.