Your child now has some reading materials to practise reading skills at home and a sound box to practise sounds and reading simple words. We will change the reading materials Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Sign the yellow book when you have heard your child read.
- Practise their sounds and make simple words for them to read from their sound box.
- Encourage answering in sentences when answering questions using the talkabout card.
- Encourage storytelling when telling a story.
- Make sure these are all in their book bags every day so we can practise at school.
Check the reading meeting power point if you get stuck.
Any questions please ask!