COVID-19 Catch-Up Premium details
How the grant will be spent:
- A trained teacher will be employed in spring term for 3 days per week to deliver targeted interventions across the school or to release specialists to deliver specific targeted support.
- A trained teacher will be employed in terms 1-3 for ½ day per week to deliver targeted interventions.
- Providing specific resources to support catch up during quality first teaching in regular curriculum time.
- Further Mental First Aiders will be trained and will support children’s mental wellbeing to support their learning and thus catch up.
Priority areas for catch-up funding:
- Phonics catch up interventions for children in years 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Basic mathematics calculation catch-up interventions for children in years 1-6.
- Reading and Writing interventions across years 1-6.
How the effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of those pupils at the school will be assessed:
- Children will be individually monitored and tracked throughout the catch-up period to make sure they are back on track by the end of the academic year to where they were before lockdown.
- Children will receive interventions in-line with their TA.
- School Data will be assessed against National Average (NA) to make sure that we are aiming for 10%+ above NA.