If you can, get outside and practise some ball skills
Bouncing and catching
- bounce and catch the ball – how many times can you do it without dropping the ball?
- bounce the ball as high as you can
- bounce the ball to a partner to catch
- bounce the ball against a wall and catch it
Throwing and catching
- throw the ball up and catch it
- throw the ball to a partner to catch
- throw the ball into a net or outstretched hoop
Practise doubling in a practical way. Start with doubling up to 6+6 and build some memory by repeating. They might use their fingers to show doubles up to 5, as this is something we do at school.